This page collects my writing. My travel journal, Expeditions, has stories about my travels and adventures. I also write occasionally about current events or other topics that interest me. Finally, I have a collection of longer-term writing projects.
A collection of my ideas about current events, politics, my research, and pretty much anything else that I feel like writing about.
- 2017.10.20“All Our Wrong Todays” by Elan Mastai
- 2017.10.19“The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet” by Becky Chambers
- 2017.10.16“The North Water” by Ian McGuire
- 2017.09.18Making GNOME Look Good
- 2017.09.15Building Android Oreo
- 2015.05.11Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe
- 2014.04.19Defenders of Wildlife Photo Contest
- 2013.07.20Technology and Popular Constitutionalism
I keep a journal called Expeditions that I update each time I travel or go on a backpacking, skiing, or climbing trip. My ten most recent adventures were:
This section contains longer essays and projects.
Keep It Secret, Keep It Safe: An Empirical Analysis of the State Secrets Doctrine
This Note in the Stanford Law Review, published in May 2015, presents a numerical and qualitative analysis of the state secrets doctrine.
Persistence and Recurrence of Internal Armed Conflict
My college honors thesis explores the reasons that some civil wars last longer than others and why some recur even after periods of peace.